Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 15


Another week has come and gone. I will admit that I feel much better this week than I did last week. My energy is starting to come back, as well. So much so that I started taking the stairs again at work instead of the elevator and I broke open my prenatal exercise DVD. I really need to make both a habit in the coming weeks, as well as focus on my nutrition. After all, a healthy mom equals a healthy baby. (Or at least we hope!)

In other news, Bonnie announced this week that she is pregnant and due in November. That means our Little Miracle will have a cousin very close in age. It will be like Danny and me, who are four months apart.

Speaking of Danny, I just realized that our Little Miracle is going to be my Grandmom Ruth's fourth great-grandchild. I think it is pretty neat considering I am Grandma's fourth grandchild! We're in the same birth order!

1 = Kim & Damian
2 = Ruthie & Katie
3 = Danny & Lucy
4 = Me & Little Miracle
5 = Kris & ...

As for what is happening to our baby this week: His/her little elbows and knees are bending more freely and his/her little legs are finally growing longer than his/her arms. Many of his/her major organ systems are increasing in capacity—particularly that amazing tiny heart and complex circulation system, which is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood per day, and will increase to a very impressive 200 quarts per day by the end of the pregnancy. Some new scalp patterns are beginning to develop on his/her head, although actual head hair is not yet present.

I wish I had an actual update to share from the doctor's office, but we'll just have to wait until tomorrow for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment