Thursday, March 5, 2009

Week 14


I finally made it to the Second Trimester! It's a bit crazy to think that I am already 1/3 of the way through this pregnancy. Like I've said over and over, most days I don't really feel pregnant.

I have been blessed with a very easy pregnancy so far, but Week 13 was pretty awful. I seemed to have heartburn almost every day (Mom says that means the baby is going to have a lot of hair), I was more nauseated than ever, I had a few pretty bad headaches, I was constantly tired, and my stomach just wasn't feeling that well. Rumor has it that the Second Trimester brings relief and energy with it....though this morning, I truly did not want to get out of bed, I am already dragging at work, and it feels like I could lose my breakfast at any moment. I hope that since I've had an easy First Trimester, the Second One isn't bringing torture with it!

My next doctor's appointment is 5 days away. I really can't wait. I'm hoping that they will try to hear the heartbeat. I just want to make sure that everything is still ok. If all is well, I think I will feel more comfortable spreading the news. Though nothing is guaranteed, the chance of miscarriage goes way down in the Second Trimester.

I didn't really like what The Bump had to say about what is happening to our Little Miracle this week (it talked about creating urine and breathing amniotic fluid), so I will tell you what Baby Gaga has to say. Our baby's whole body is moving right now (even though I can't yet feel it). He/she is also starting to develop the ability to move his/her eyes this week, although the eyelids still remain fused shut. He/she can make all sorts of fun facial expressions as he/she practices squinting, frowning, and grimacing. His/her little hands can grasp at things and he/she may already be sucking his/her thumb! Thin, downy hair is growing all over his/her body for warmth.

Harry's basketball season ended last night as Patterson was defeated by Milford Mill. But there is no time to rest...Tennis season begins today!

No comments:

Post a Comment