Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Convicted!

In response to my last post, God took me to my dear friend Deanna's blog. This is what she had to say:
Stop analyzing and let God be God!


"We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails."
Proverbs 19:21 (MSG)


God's purpose will eventually prevail, but the question is how quickly?

How many times do we analyze our way out of a miracle? How often does our human striving delay the answer from God we've been looking for?

I'm a natural analyzer. I do it almost as naturally as breathing. And I'm trying to stop.

When a problem comes up my natural inclination is to think of several ways it could be solved. The problem with that is, many times God wants to do something that is totally outside the realm of anything I could conjure up. He wants to do something bigger, and more creative.

I hear God speaking to me to take my hands off (and my mind as well) and let Him do his thing.

I'm not talking stupidity here...if a glass of milk dropped on the floor and shatters, I'm not turning it over to God to figure out. Obviously I know how to solve that problem and there's no need to analyze it or pray about it. I'm talking about those things that are more serious complexities of life.

Why do we try (unsuccessfully over and over) to fit God in OUR realm of possibility?

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. Ephesians 3:20-21 (MSG)

His purpose will always prevail but how many times do we delay it by trying unsuccessfully to solve it ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment