Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Feeling Better

This morning when I woke up, something amazing happened: I felt good. I didn't have a headache. I didn't have a stomachache. I didn't feel tired. I felt refreshed and ready to start my day. I must have had a wonderful sleep. Now I just have to figure out how to keep having them!

I've had a pretty good day so far. My supervisor and my boss are both at an off-site meeting today, so I have more time for focusing on me. I watched a wonderful short video of Elizabeth Gilbert. In it, she said that we all want to live our best possible lives. We all want to aim high - and we should. But there will be times when we fall. There will be times when we disappoint ourselves. But all we can do is get back up, brush ourselves off, and keep going.

She also mentioned that she loves Martha Beck. Martha said that in all of her travels throughout her lifetime, she has come to know that there are four types of women:

1) Women who chose career over family and are conflicted about it.
2) Women who chose family over career and are conflicted about it.
3) Women who chose both family and career and are conflicted about it.
4) The Mystics. The Mystics are those who hear and heed a deep inner voice and follow it wherever it takes them. They are at peace on their journey.

Oh how I wish I could be a Mystic! I want to choose both my family and my holistic health career and give everything I possibly can to both. I want to follow my inner voice wherever it leads me and be at peace knowing that I took a leap of faith and I'm doing the best that I possibly can with the body and the circumstances I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment