Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today is the Day!

There are just over 12 hours to go before we check into the hospital. Surprisingly, I don't feel anxious at all. I feel extremely calm and at peace.

Harry is sleeping. He will be going to school late today in order to get some extra rest before the long journey that awaits us.

Last night was our final night at home as a childless married couple. I feel so blessed to have a husband who gave me all the extra love and attention I needed without having to ask. He is simply wonderful.

The next time we come back home, we will have our daughter with us. We are so excited to finally meet our precious little girl.

I can't wait to see her for the first time. I can't wait to see who she will look like. I can't wait to feel her in my arms. I can't wait to stare at her in awe, wondering how this perfect little being could come from me. I can't wait to see Harry hold her for the first time. Thinking about all of this is making my heart overflow with joy.

Truthfully, I didn't want an induced labor. I had hoped that my body would start the process on its own. But I am willing to do whatever it takes to get her out safely. I was also able to prepare for tonight in a way I wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't have known when she was coming.

All in all, I am ready. I'm not scared like I thought I'd be. I am confident and relaxed. Sometime tomorrow I will meet my baby girl, and I will be able to look Heaven in the face. I honestly can't wait!!

4 comments:

  1. So glad you updated this am. I check twice a day. Penny and I are in CT dropping off Tanner. So wish I could be there with you. We love you and are busrting with joy that this day has arrived. Keep smiling (and pushing). It won't be long now !!! Love ya !! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah and Happy (almost) Anniversary. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I am so overjoyed for you Carey. That is one lucky baby. Can't wait to see pictures! (whenever you're ready to post them that is..lol) You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this post and chills were sent up and down my spine! I'm so extremely thrilled for you guys! I'm so excited words can't even explain how joyous this is!
    You guys are going to have the most amazing family! We all love you!!!

    ReplyDelete