Monday, November 2, 2009

The Final Countdown

Well, this is it: the last week of my maternity leave. The past seven weeks have gone by WAY too quickly. Harry told me I need to enjoy this last week and not put any energy into feeling sad. I'm trying my best, but it is a little hard not being sad.

Last night, Bianca smiled at me with such joy in her eyes. I didn't expect to, but I broke down. I don't want these magical moments to end. The majority of her waking hours will be spent with someone else. It is breaking my heart knowing that I will be missing so much. The Bible says that we shouldn't be envious of others, but right now I am extremely jealous of all my stay-at-home-mom friends.

I know we don't have a choice. I have to work. We can't survive on Harry's salary alone. I just wish there was a way that I could bring in income and still not miss anything with our daughter.

If anyone has any tips on how to deal with going back to work with a newborn at home, I would really appreciate hearing them. Right now I am at a loss.

1 comment:

  1. I envy you for being a working mom!! Oh Carey how I do. It's tough, but it gets easier and easier because you know that while you're working hard, they're in great hands. And you will have many times to see her when awake..and again, as she gets older, month by month, and not always sleeping, you'll get to have your weekends with her. Just focus on what you will all do together once the week is over (I think you have a Monday through Friday job..right? lol) It will get easier. For the months that I worked ONLY part-time it was tough. But it was easier at each week went by. It didn't mean I didn't miss those little buggers, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete