Friday, November 13, 2009

I Survived!

My first week back at work has quickly come to a close. Honestly, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Yes, I missed Bianca every day, but ironically, I missed her the most when I was with her. It was when I was holding her that it hit me that I have been holding her less. It was when I was watching Harry feed her so that I could get ready that it hurt knowing I wouldn't be around for the rest of the day. When I was at work, I was way too busy to think about anything other than work. I guess that is a blessing in disguise. This first week flew by.

I have to thank Carol, who was filling in for me while I was on leave. I came back to a relatively clean desk and to-do list. It was really nice not having a big mess to clean up. It helped make the transition back to work easier. I think it would have been worse had I come back feeling stressed. Now I can pretty much take things easy until the beginning of the year. It's a great feeling.

Oh - and I should mention that Bianca has been an absolute angel this week. Miraculously, she started sleeping through the night on a regular basis starting on Sunday night. It really helps my energy level not having to get up in the middle of the night to change and feed her. She truly is a good baby, and I feel so blessed to have her!

No comments:

Post a Comment