Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Year

My beautiful baby girl is now a 1-year-old and will be a big sister in a little over two months. My spirited older daughter has kissed a boy in church and is about to start school for the very first time. My hubby has lost 25 pounds and has traded in his sedan for an SUV in preparation for our growing family. I have been given more responsibilities at work and, in turn, have become more respected. My circle of friends has widened, and CCC has become my second family. Right now, life feels peaceful, beautiful, and good. This morning on my way to work, I saw a small rainbow in the sky. I saw a second one in an oil spill as I was crossing the street. Little signs of God's great love. Really started my morning off on the right foot. Earlier today, our accounting manager saw me writing in my journal. He asked, "What's that? A diary for your baby?" The question made me a little sad, mainly because I feel like I have been neglecting my children in that area. While I kept pregnancy journals for both Bianca and Alex, I have written naught for Sebastian. And while Bianca has a baby book and the beginnings of an art journal, Alex doesn't have the same recording of her first months. And while Bianca enjoys looking at her art journal, I haven't written in it in months. Perhaps not once this whole year. I have to figure out a way to make chronicling their lives a regular part of my routine. Perhaps on Memory Mondays or Writing Wednesdays or Family Fridays. Without putting aside a set time for the task, I know a whole year will go by without a literal word.

1 comment:

  1. satta king Get an external flash unit with a diffuser instead of the built-in flash feature. These built-in flashes often make a picture look very harsh. An external flash unit gives a more natural aspect to your photographs and allows you to edit them without the noise you get when you use another kind of flash. play bazaar

    ReplyDelete