Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Conversation with Carolyn

As I stated in my previous post, I had a wonderful time conversing with Carolyn over coffee on Sunday. In the midst of catching up, I told her all about massage school and Circle's End and the breakdown I had a few weeks ago.

I told her that my EAP got back to me with career counselor results, and that one guy happened to be the author of "What Color is Your Parachute?" and that if I was going to see anybody, perhaps it should be him.

She listened patiently, and then she said, "You don't need a career counselor. You already know what you want to do. You don't need to know what color your parachute is. You already know. What you really need to do is take control of your situation. Really visualize what Circle's End looks like. Write down the details of the environment, your commute to work, how you feel, what you smell, everything. Then start connecting with people in the wellness community. Take them out for coffee. People love talking about themselves and their experiences. Start a notebook with all your resources. I've gotten all of my jobs by people pulling for me. You never know how everything will connect in the end."

We spoke for over an hour, but that was the exchange that impacted me the most. I left the cafe feeling so energized and so on the right path. No matter what form it takes, I know I was created to be a holistic health practitioner. Of course, I already knew that. I just needed someone to affirm it. Now I just need to focus on the details!!

No comments:

Post a Comment