Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lots of Firsts

The past couple of weeks have been full of excitement. Last Tuesday, Bianca had her 2-month doctor's visit. She is 23 inches long and weighs 10.5 pounds. I asked Dr. Fireman about the bumps on her face, and he thinks dry skin is to blame. He recommended that we start using Aquaphor on her face. We went out and bought some that night. I really don't like it. It is super thick and sticky, and even though it does appear to be working, I don't think it is working well enough. My friend Jackie recommended using Lansinoh. She said it worked like a miracle on her own daughter's face. I think I may try it.

The most awful part of this visit to the pediatrician was watching Bianca get her first set of vaccination shots. She was given three total, and she had to drink a liquid. She did not like the needles at all. She turned bright run and screamed in pain. I felt so bad that she had to go through that and there wasn't anything I could do to help. She eventually calmed down once I was able to hold her. She started crying when I laid her back down on the table to get her dressed, and I truly felt terrible. The doctor said she would be fussy for two days. She was fussy alright....but it was more like seven days before she got it out of her system. After the appointment was over, I had to go to work. Dropping her off at Aunt Dot's house was so hard for me. All I wanted to do was be with her and comfort her. Days like those remind me how much I would prefer being a stay-at-home mom.

Wednesday my car had to be towed to the shop, so instead of going to work, I worked from home. It was wonderful getting to spend the day with Bianca. I think I did a great job of balancing both work and taking care of her. I really wish every day could be that way.

Thursday was Bianca's first Thanksgiving. It was a busy day. After her bottle, we gave her a bath and dressed her in the cutest outfit. We went to church, then to her Nana's house, and then to her Mom Mom's house for dinner. Bianca met her cousin Harley for the first time. It was cute watching them together. Bianca was still extra fussy, so Harry and I ended up coming home pretty early. We talked about how grateful we are for our daughter and our new home. We have everything we always wanted, and that's a great feeling.


Friday was Black Friday. Harry and I both had off, so we were able to sleep in. It was so nice. We didn't do much shopping, but we did stop at Dick's and Costco's. The rest of the day, we just relaxed as a family.

Saturday, we went to Breakfast with Santa at St. Luke's and Bianca got to meet Santa for the first time. She was dressed so cute in an outfit that Aunt Carol got for her. She did really well on Santa's lap, but she had no clue who he was.

That night, we decorated our first Christmas tree as a family. Even though summer is my favorite time of year, there is something magical about the holidays. This year is extra special for obvious reasons, but our Little Miracle is clueless. I can't wait until she understands. Of course, it's my hope that she will be just as excited by the true meaning of Christmas as she is about material presents.


Today it is snowing for the first time this year. (Dawn - I'm sure that sounds funny to you now!) Bianca is sleeping at the moment, but I will most likely take her outside later just so she can experience it. Here is a picture of her looking out the window when it first started.



I recently found out that my friend Michele is pregnant with her third baby. I am very happy for her, and I honestly found myself feeling a bit jealous. Even though it is probably way too soon to be thinking about it, I would love to have another baby. Of course, Harry reprimands me every time I bring it up. He said that we need to take care of Bianca and give her the love and attention she deserves first before adding on to our family. I know he's right, but I can't help but daydream. I had an easy pregnancy, an easy delivery, an easy recovery, and an easy baby. Who wouldn't want to do it all over again?

4 comments:

  1. omgosh, it's so wonderful to see such an uplifting entry. It's amazing to here so many firsts. I remember how that goes though, having Claire in the winter time is where a lot of the firsts come.
    As for bumps on the face, well, this may sound weird, but we did chap stick and also A&D ointment. It helped a great deal with dryness.
    Shots, yeah those were the hardest thing for me too. Seeing them happen and feeling so unprepared for the reaction.. Then it feels like you take it harder than they do.
    You're so lucky to have snow! We haven't had any yet, and we're in OHIO!!!! Seems everyone around us is having it, but the wind must be blowing in the wrong direction. We're instead getting this bitter cold that includes quite a wind with it. Brrrr!
    Babies first snow, how precious is that? Claire didn't care much for it nor did she find interest in stuff falling from the sky until she almost began school! haha!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val! Dawn also recommended A&D. It seems weird to put butt-paste on a baby's face, but if it works, it works! I think I'll have to try that, too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL (at your comment above). The only thing about A&D is that it's greasy but so far, it's the only thing that takes care of Natty and James' chapped winter cheeks (the face cheeks not butt LOL). And you can get the store brand (Walmart large tube is only about 2 bucks!) so that's why I've been sticking to it. But the Lanisoh idea?? I think I may try that. Heck, if it heals cracked nipples why not?? LOL

    ReplyDelete