Friday, October 23, 2009

So Big!! (err...Average!!)

Bianca's appointment with her pediatrician went well last week. She is now 21 inches long and weighs 9 pounds 6 ounces. She is in the 50th percentile in both height and weight, making her completely average. She also has an average head size, measuring at 14 inches. I told Harry he couldn't call her Big Head anymore; he had to call her Average Head! The rest of the appointment was relatively uneventful - I just had some new-parent questions answered - but Dr. Fireman said that she was not only gorgeous, she was one healthy baby. Always nice to hear!

Monday was a wonderful day for us. This is the first week where I didn't have to focus on unpacking the house, so it gave me more time to bond with my precious little angel. I spent the majority of the day singing, dancing, talking, and cuddling with her. It was the first day that I felt like a good mom, giving my sole attention to her. I'm hoping to steal a few more moments like those during the last two weeks of my maternity leave.

A huge part of me is incredibly sad about going to back to work. I am going to miss her so much. It breaks my heart to think that I won't be there every minute to watch her grow. There's a great possibility I will miss her holding her head up for the first time, her first laugh, her first attempt at crawling, her first steps, her first word. Someone else will get to experience those magical moments. I know she is going to be with family and I should be grateful, but it doesn't make it much easier. I did take her to work with me on Wednesday to meet some of my coworkers. It felt surprisingly good being there with my friends, but again - I had her with me. I'm not sure how it's going to feel without her. But like Harry reminds me over and over, I have to work in order to give her a better life. And I wouldn't want to deny her that.

As I type, I am watching her sleep. It seems hard to believe that I helped to create this piece of perfection, especially considering that I am so flawed. She is a true Miracle.

This Sunday, she will be getting baptized. She is going to be wearing the same gown I wore for my own baptism. My mom went and had it restored at the cleaners, and it looks great. I am so excited to have her wear it. I can't wait until the day I will pass it along to her. Perhaps my grandchild will wear it, too.

My family will be coming over after the ceremony, so I better go and get the house ready. I'll be sure to post some pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment