Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 34


This week has been pretty difficult for me in terms of energy. I have had none. My alarm goes off in the morning – and I’m tired. I get to work – and I’m tired. I eat – and I’m tired. I go to soccer or yoga – and I’m tired. I get home – and I’m still tired. I go to bed, get up, and do it all over again. For some reason, I just feel really drained. I’ve also had a dull headache all week that just won’t go away. What I really want right now is a day to just hide in my room and sleep. Unfortunately, my hectic schedule won’t allow it.

But here we are with only 6 more weeks to go!!! Even though I’m really excited to meet our daughter, I have to admit that I’m starting to get a little nervous. I’ve heard that everything changes when you bring children into this world, and I admit that I don’t generally deal with change very well. I also question my ability to raise a happy, healthy, well-balanced person. I can’t even cook. Do I really have what it takes to be a good mom? Luckily, I can figure everything out and transition smoothly with the help of my wonderful husband. When I asked Harry yesterday if he was ready to be a dad, he said without hesitation, “Yes!”

I know he’s going to be a great father. He’s dependable, he’s loving, he’s fun, he has his priorities straight, he’s supportive, he is a great teacher and coach, and he just has a great outlook on life. I really couldn’t ask for a better person to raise a family with. He is my partner, my laughter, and my stability. And soon, he will be Bianca’s Daddy.

Speaking of our Little One, normally in week 34, babies start to descend down towards the pelvis. This move is called “lightening” or “engagement.” I’m looking forward to the weight shift because I have been having a little difficulty breathing lately. I think she may be pressing up against my lungs. What I’m not looking forward to is having her press against my bladder or the inevitable waddle that comes along with trying to carry a watermelon between your legs!

In other news, our current poll is back in action! Harry went on a pre-drywall walkthrough of our house yesterday morning. Apparently, the drywall will be complete by next Friday. After that, it’s approximately 30 more days to go until completion…which means we’re likely to go to settlement in early September! So again I ask: do you think our house or Bianca will be born first? It may be a close race after all!

1 comment:

  1. I kind of giggled at the part when you said you couldn't cook because I was the same way before James was born!! I kept thinking too, "how am I going to think of ways to feed this child??"
    Carey, I can't think of a better and more well-adjusted person than you to become a mommy. You're going to figure it out and you'll be a pro in no time. And please always feel free to ask me anything. I promise to not freak you out anymore!
    And my fingers are crossed that you're new home is complete before Bianca is here!!

    ReplyDelete