Thursday, May 28, 2009

Week 26


Looking at the ticker, I realize we have less than 100 days to go until Bianca’s Big Arrival! Pretty amazing!

This was an exciting week for Harry and me. We found out that the contractor finally broke ground on our house. Which means in 8 to 12 weeks, we should have a home! Bianca is due to arrive in 14 weeks, so although we’re pushing it, I hope that means she will actually be able to come “home” instead of to an apartment. But either way, it will be a blessing just to have her with us.

On Monday, Harry and I went to Babies R Us and registered. We had planned on registering for the smaller stuff (wipes, bottles, bibs, etc.) at Walmart, but when we went into the store, they told us they didn’t have a registry machine. We ended up just zapping everything at BRU. Kris and Kim gave us some good ideas of what to get, so I think we did a good job. I just hope we didn’t forget anything!

I am still feeling great in general, although sleeping is becoming more and more difficult. On top of my frequent trips to the bathroom, I’m starting to become really uncomfortable at night. I think I have to turn over at least five times a night. Last night was particularly hard. I felt really hot and my leg got a horrible cramp in it. Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who helped massage it until the pain went away – even if it was close to 1:00 in the morning.

Week 26 is a pretty exciting one for Bianca. At long last, she can see the womb! Her little eyelids have finally separated and she will probably be having her first moments of sight. In addition, she’s recently acquired the ability to say “yes” and “no” in rudimentary sign language as she can now move her head back and forth. This is also the time where our Little Miracle’s head hair is starting to grow! Her toenails have grown in and she is continuing to slowly pile up fat beneath her still-loose skin. Most importantly, brain tissue and neurons are all developing at a rapid pace, increasing her (genius-level?) brain activity. I’m getting tired just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Only 14 weeks left!? Oh my goodness!!! When you can email me a link to your registry so I can take a peek. ;)
    And I LOVE the name you guys picked. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete