Friday, February 20, 2009

Week 12


This week has gone by super fast. Friday the 13th was Harry's 33rd birthday. He had a game at 5:30 (which they won!), and then Mom, Kristen, and Damian took us to dinner at Squire's. Saturday morning, we woke up early to go to Damian's 8:00 AM soccer game. (His team was also victorius!) After that, we headed to the Eastern Shore. We stopped at the outlets for a few hours of shopping, then stopped in Salisbury to get our taxes done, then finally reached Ocean City, where we spent the next two days. Sunday, in particular, was wonderful. After church, we spent the afternoon walking on the Boardwalk. We also went to the movies and then went to Dumser's for dinner. Tuesday was back to the grind at work.

Tonight the Patterson Clippers are facing the #1-ranked Lake Clifton. Even though Harry says it could get ugly, it should be a fun game to watch none the less.

There hasn't been much change in my body this week. Other than some mild "evening sickness" and slight cramping, I don't really feel any different. I'm still not showing yet and my pants are buttoning up easier now. I was really bloated in the beginning, and I think it is starting to ease up a bit.

Harry and I are still deciding whether or not to have the genetic screening completed. On one hand, I really want to see our Little Miracle again, just to make sure everything is still ok. On the other hand, we may be paying a lot of money for potentially inaccurate results. Kristen informed me that Damian tested positive for Down's Syndrome twice....and we all know that he is fine. I'm not sure I want to be worrying over something that could be nothing; I worry too much as it is!

Here’s what’s happening to our Little Miracle this week: he/she is shifting into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of the baby’s systems are fully formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment