Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Houston, We Have a Baby!

I had my first OB appointment today, and it went really well. After taking my weight (I have lost three pounds!), a urine sample, and my blood pressure, the MA led me to an examination room, where I waited a while for the doctor to arrive. After a brief introduction, she did a quick sonogram to see the heartbeat and to measure the baby. Everything looks great. Even though I couldn't see the heartbeat she was trying to point out to me, I was relieved to know there was one. The baby is measuring 10 weeks 6 days, which is right on schedule. I am truly estatic with this news! (Some of you know how nervous I have been that something might go wrong.)

Here is your first glimpse of our Little Miracle. (It's like playing Where's Waldo...can you see him/her?)


My next OB appointment is on March 10, 2009. Prior to that, I will be going to Franklin Square to have more prenatal screening done. They will be checking to see if there are any issues with the anatomy of the baby and to check for issues like Downs Syndrome. Honestly, I'm just excited to have a higher-quality sonogram!

1 comment: