Thursday, May 14, 2009

Week 24


As Harry told me this morning, I am 60% of the way through this pregnancy. It really seems unbelievable that we will have a daughter in approximately 16 weeks. My hubby will then have two women to drive him crazy!

This has been quite an exciting week. On Sunday, my family received the wonderful news that my cousin Danny and his wife Kylene are expecting their own bundle of joy! Their baby is due on December 26th. It really couldn’t be more perfect. Danny and I were born four months apart, and now our children will be born three months apart! I really am ecstatic for them!

I also received word that my good friend Jackie gave birth to her Little One this week! Sarah Anne Piercey was born on May 11th, weighing 7lbs 8oz. I can’t wait to meet her!

Last night was Patterson’s Athletic Banquet. The rest of my week has been filled with nothing but work. I really need to work on finding balance, but for some reason, with this job, it’s a lot easier said than done. I really need to force myself to only work 8 hour days. It just never seems to happen.

As for what’s happening to our Little Miracle this week, she is approximately 8.4 inches long and weighs about 1.4 pounds. This is roughly the size of a corn cob. She will gain nearly 6 ounces this week as her body begins to fill out. This weight will mostly consist of muscle, bone mass, and the growing organs and tissues.

There is lots of other fetal development happening this week: Blood vessels in her lungs are developing; her eyelashes have almost fully come in; she is starting to produce white blood cells, which fight disease and infection; and her inner ear is now completely developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment