Friday, May 8, 2009

Week 23


23 down....17 more to go! This picture is not of our Little One, just a random 23-week old fetus.

This has been an exciting week. I can definitely tell when the baby is moving now. She seems to have already developed a pattern of being awake and asleep. I usually feel her in the morning either right after breakfast or on the way to work. She moves again while I'm at work, usually in the early afternoon. She is most active in between 7 & 8 P.M. Though last night, around 10:30, she was moving around a lot. I think it's because I was half-laying on my stomach and she didn't like it. After I went completely on my side, she calmed down.

I've had a pretty stressful week at work, and I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Babies R Us called Harry yesterday, and our furniture is in! We will be picking it up on Saturday morning. Damian has his playoffs in flag football Saturday afternoon. And on Sunday, we will be having a cookout at Mom's to celebrate both Mother's Day and Damian's birthday. The Our Lady of Hope Carnival also starts this weekend. I don't know if we'll get a chance to stop by, though.

I have my follow-up ultrasound scheduled for 8:30 on Monday morning. I am also going to lunch with Kim and Allison on Monday, which will be a nice treat! I rarely leave my desk, so it will be nice to have a little freedom.

As for what's happening to our Little Miracle this week, she has a while to go before her lungs will be ready for air, but she is practicing her "breathing" on the amniotic fluid—sucking it in and out of her lungs. Her fat production is in overdrive at this point. She will basically double in weight over the next four weeks. (Hopefully the same won't happen to me!) Our Girl is starting to look more like a newborn as her skin becomes less see-through. Her body is looking more proportional now, although her head is still kinda big compared to her little body. She is approximately 11½ inches long and weighs 1 pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment