Friday, June 29, 2012

Wishcasting

On my last blog, even though I felt compelled to, I also felt guilty about participating in Jamie Ridler's Wishcasting Wednesday.  After all, a good Christian prays.  She doesn't wish along with others.  On this blog, no such rules exist.  I will pray and wish and hope and cry and give up as I please.

So here are a few thought-provoking questions that Jamie asked over the past few months, and my delightful responses: 

What do you wish to DELIGHT in?
I wish to delight in:
~ 90 minutes massages
~ Relaxing in the sun
~ Water naturally flavored with yummy fruit or herbs
~ Healthy and delicious raw meals
~ Watching my daughters play and learn and grow
~ Awesome worship with hands held high
~ Pure, innocent displays of love from my husband
~ Deep conversations and silly adventures filled with laughter with friends
~ Feeling God radiate from the inside out
~ Playing with smudges of color
~ The feeling of freedom in my new, healthy, trimmed body

What HEIGHTS do you wish to reach?

~ I wish to reach up and touch God.
~ I wish to reach a state of sustained joy and contentment.
~ I wish to make a six-figure salary so I am better able to help others.
~ I wish to be a Vice President of the University.
~ I wish to earn a doctorate degree.
~ I wish to be the Queen in my husband’s world.
~ I wish to live in a healthy, fit, toned size 4 body.
~ I wish to see my dreams of becoming a massage therapist and owning a beach cottage turn into reality.
~ I wish to win the Mrs. Maryland title.

What do you wish to WALK AWAY from?

I wish to walk away from:
~ False illusions from my past
~ Patches of greener grass
~ Negativity
~ My fat exterior
~ Feelings of inadequacy and ingratitude

What do you wish for your HOME?

I wish that my home was:
~ Filled with a sense of peace and calmness
~ A place where anyone feels welcome at any time
~ Composed of open, bright, clutter-free spaces
~ Alive with laughter, singing, and dancing
~ A gift of sanctuary and love to everyone who enters
~ Surrounded by green grass
~ Adorned with large, colorful, vibrant flowers
~ Always ready for company with lots of delicious goodies on hand

How do you wish to GROW?

I wish to grow:
~ Closer to God
~ Into a more authentic version of myself
~ Closer to my husband
~ Into a more attentive, present, loving Mama
~ Into a good cook
~ Surrounded by nutritious friends
~ Into a healthy, fit, slim body
~ In my administrative career
~ Into a holistic health provider

No comments:

Post a Comment